Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spick and Span

Happy Wednesday everyone! 

So, my parents are coming into town this weekend to visit. I am super excited for some quality family time! We have some good food, fun entertainment (the state fair!) and great company in our futures! Plus you just can't beat the late night talks with your mom once the guys go to bed. :)


Now there's just one thing that has to be accomplished before they get here...the house obviously has to be spotless, right?!? Please tell me I'm not alone in these feelings! My house is always pretty clean cause I'm kind of a neat freak. But hey, family visits are a good reason to give it a little more elbow grease to the cleaning department if you ask me. 


There are things that I always do every day and week to keep the house clean. I have found some helpful blogs and checklists on cleaning that can be a big help. The key is to keep it up and consistently do a little bit so it doesn't turn into a huge overwhelming mess. 


Daily

1. Make the bed every day - it makes the room look nicer and neater.
2. Never go to bed with dishes in the sink - if the dishwasher isn't full enough I don't run it, but at least the dishes are in there.
3. Make sure everything is put back in it's place before leaving a room or before going to bed. 

Weekly

1. Vacuum all carpets/rugs
2. Sweep/swifter all hard floors - several times a week if needed
3. Wipe down all surfaces: kitchen and bathrooms
4. Empty all trashcans
5. Dust all surfaces
6. Clean all toilets
7. Laundry - towels and sheets, clothes typically a couple times a week

Currently I'm only cleaning for two, me and the hubs, but I know these tips would be extremely helpful for busy moms with kids and will become even more important for me when we have kids (and no, this is not a baby announcement!) 


I Dream of Clean is a great blog to check out for cleaning tips and ideas.

Martha Stewart also has a bunch of cleaning checklists that you can use for daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal cleaning. 
Clean Mama is currently in the middle of 31 days to a clean house. She provides free printables which is great if you want a list to check off. Don't you feel great about yourself after you check something off your list! 

Habits of a Clean Home -- Pretty good list, but some are pretty obvious. I do more than this though lolHow to Organize the Linen Closet

Anyway friends, hope you find that info helpful. Sorry to come at you with a boring cleaning post on a Wednesday. This probably isn't the excitement you were looking for to get you through the day, but that is my reality this week. I do have a couple of crafts that I'm trying to finish up that I'm excited to share with you soon. I also will have some recipes and an update from our family weekend coming soon! 

Enjoy the rest of your day!


The Doyles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...