Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Decor - DIY Holiday Jars

I have officially gone Christmas decorating crazy! There is no mistaking the holiday at the Doyle house.

The mantle is done, tree is up - just needs a few finishing touches, dining room table is decked out with the Christmas china, AND I made DIY Pinterest inspired holiday jars! I love Christmas! The idea came from Better Homes and Gardens decorating with kitchen itemsThis decor is really simply, really inexpensive and really pretty!

You will need a few mason jars (as many as you want to up out), a bag of fresh cranberries, some greenery (I used sprigs from the bottom limbs of the tree that were trimmed off) and some tea lights. Since I already had everything but the cranberries, this was a fun and inexpensive way to add some holiday touches to my home!


Place the greenery in the bottom of the mason jars. Add in the cranberries, then fill with water to the top. The cranberries will float. Top with a tea candle and you are done! 


Pretty right? And super pretty lit!


Has anyone tried any Christmas crafts/decor from Pinterest? Don't you just LOVE this time of year!

The Doyles

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty little decorative item! I love the floating candle.

    Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY! It'd be great if you could link back to one of our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      I found your link party after posting this yesterday. I've updated the post to include the Date to DIY Link Party too so others can check it out! http://mydoylelife.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-crafts-holiday-link-party.html
      Thanks for hosting! I love link parties!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...