Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Fall!

Fall is in the air! Can you feel it? I am so excited we are entering into my favorite season. Cooler weather, pretty leaves, sweatshirts, football, fall decorating, fall baking, my birthday, hubby's birthday, the state fair, all things pumpkin! Are you getting the point??? I LOVE fall! :) 

It's looking a lot like fall at the Doyle's these days. We put up our fall decorations this past weekend and I am so excited to share them with you.

Fall wreath on the front door from Michaels



Mums, pumpkins, and gourds on the front steps. Love the pretty fall colors and how full the blossoms are. Let's hope I can keep these babies alive. 



Side note about the two largest pumpkins. We actually grew these beauties in our backyard.....by accident! Last year, I did a similar arrangement of pumpkins on the front steps. Before disposing of them, as a quick fix, I moved them to the back deck. One of the pumpkins fell off and apparently the seeds planted and the result...






It makes it extra special to display these at the house knowing we grew them. Props to my honey and his green thumb! We have had quite the garden this summer! 

Moving inside, we kept the mantle simple with pine cones and mini pumpkins. I also added some fall berries and flowers in the clay vase that resides there all year. I got a bag of cinnamon scented pine cones from Fresh Market. Isn't that the most wonderful grocery store ever? I could spend hours in there looking at all the interesting and yummy food! Back to the mantle. I got a bag of mini pumpkins and gourds from Home Depot for less than $5 which I have placed around the house. 

  The dining room table is set with place mats and napkins from Crate and Barrel. I got these a few years ago and love the gold and orange color combination. The center bowl is filled with a pumpkin and gourd bowl filler that I got from Pier1 a few years ago that is similar to this




New to the table this year are copper leaf embossed chargers from World Market. The big flower napkin holders are also new from Michaels. 



So there you have it. The Doyle's are decked out for my favorite season! What do you think? Has anyone else decorated for fall?


The Doyles

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your fall decor! And how cool that you decorated with some pumpkins you GREW! That is awesome!! And ohhh myyy gooodness, I LOOOVE your wreath. Happy fall, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...