Monday, October 29, 2012

Kale and Apple Salad

As promised, here's the recipe for the kale and apple salad we had with our pot roast for Sunday dinner yesterday. My husband announced that it was his new favorite salad, so I'd say it was a hit. Plus, this is coming from the guy who doesn't like salad so major bonus points for me, not that I enjoy giving myself props or anything. Who am I kidding, I LOVE it! :) HA! 

This recipe was inspired by one of our favorite Greek restaurants. Before seeing it served there, kale wasn't really on my radar. I am so glad it is now, because like my husband, this might be my new favorite salad too. And it is super healthy and good for you. Check out the benefits of kale here.

So here's what you'll need:



Ingredients
1 bundle of kale (look for younger leaves that are soft)
2 granny smith apples, sliced very thin then diced
4oz plain goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup golden raisins 
1/2 cup walnuts

For the dressing:
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp olive oil 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions
Thoroughly wash and dry the kale. Pull apart the leaves into bite-size pieces, making sure  to cut out the thicker stems. Add to salad bowl.

Thinly slice two apples then dice into 1/2 to 1in. pieces. Add to bowl with kale. 

Add the golden raisins and walnuts. Crumble goat cheese over salad. Toss to combine ingredients. 

To make the dressing, zest and juice two lemons in a separate bowl. Add in olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat all ingredients. 


Enjoy!





The Doyles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...