Monday, January 21, 2013

From Blue to Green...A Spur of the Moment Project

Has anyone ever gotten the urge to just do something to your home? You just randomly feel the need to complete a home project right then and there with little to no planning!? I would definitely consider myself a planner, but for some reason last night I was really in the mood for a quick project. 

So, last night after dinner I said to hubby, "I think I want to paint the garage door green". His response? "Yeah, sounds good," because clearly the Ravens vs. Patriots game is way more important than one of my many home project ideas. 


Let me get you up to speed on the door...it was sky blue. It has been sky blue since we bought the house. I do not know the back story on why it was painted (very poorly I might add), but I do know that if you live in North Carolina and are NC State and Duke fans, you do not need a Carolina sky blue door in your house. 




I am all for pops of color, but when it's the wrong color, it was time for it to go. 

So, I headed downstairs, grabbed the green paint can and paint brush from the garage and proceeded to paint the door. I then got the "you're doing this right now?" comment from hubby at which I replied, "I told you I wanted to paint the door green." :)


I wanted to use one of the current colors in the house so it would tie in with the current color scheme. I went with the same green that is in our half bathroom.


What do you think?



Before


After



I'm really happy with it! Has anyone caught the "I need a project now" bug and completed any quick home projects recently?

The Doyles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...