Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Mantel

Happy Tuesday everyone! Can you believe it's December 4th already? We are in full swing Christmas mode at the Doyle house! Today, I'd like to share my Christmas mantel with you. It was the first thing I worked on this year and I love it!

I attended a Decorating a Mantel session at a design store holiday open house which is where I got my inspiration for this years mantel. The focus of the session was Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon. Their tip was to choose a ribbon that you love first, then work from there to add additional elements. 

So here it is, the moment you have all been waiting for...my Christmas mantel!


I have a gold color scheme going with red and green accents, so I first chose a gold ribbon that I really liked. I also wanted to add some natural elements with some berries and the gold artichoke. The trees and the candle sticks on either side add nice height to the mantle.

The wreath with red berries ties in more red and green and adds to the natural elements. I used a command strip hanger to attach the wreath to the mirror, so its not actually hanging by the gold ribbon around the top of the mirror. Nifty trick, huh?


So there you have it, my 2012 Christmas mantel. I am really happy with it. It looks great with the tree in the living room. Has anyone decorated their mantel for Christmas?

The Doyles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...